>> event planning articles > How to put up a bell tent:
How to erect your canvas bell tent
- Peg out the tent keeping the (sewn or zipped in) groundsheet taught in all directions.
- Note the long straight edge is the entrance.
- If you have a detachable groundsheet lay it out tightly first (pegs only half-way in), lay the tent out to match the groundsheet, take out one peg at a time and put back in through the groundsheet then through the eyelet in the trim of the tent (remaining trim to go under the groundsheet).
- Under the entrance
- Place the long centre pole inside with one end in the peak of the tent and the other in the exact centre of the groundsheet.
- Fit the internal A-frame around the door (spike in eyelet through roof, ends of A-frame in pockets of groundsheet)
- Close the entrance
- Fit guy rope on to spike of A-frame pulling straight out from tent
- Fit remaining guy ropes – ensure they follow seam lines of tent and pulled tightly.